5 content types and how to use them to grow your business
Social media is the perfect platform to engage with your audience and create a community. However, it can be challenging to keep up with all the different types of content.
You may have heard of five different types of content: text, photos, videos, links, and polls/quizzes. We’re going to break down each one and show you how to use them in your social media posts!
Text: Text is the most basic form of content on social media—and it’s also one of the most effective. It allows for more flexibility in terms of length than images or video, so it’s great for sharing longer-form thoughts or ideas. You can also use text to highlight important points from an image or video if you want to give readers a quick summary of what they just saw before moving on with their day.
Photos: Photos are a great way to add visual appeal to your posts without requiring any additional time investment on your part (or theirs). They’re also easy for most people to understand quickly and share with others right away—which means they can help increase engagement on Twitter by making it easier for followers who aren't following you yet see what's happening with your brand
Videos: Unlike photos, videos require a bit more time and effort on both your part and your readers’. However, they can also be more interesting to watch than other types of content.
Quotes: Quotes are a great way to keep your audience engaged and make them feel connected to you as an individual or brand.
Links: Links can help drive traffic to other sites, thus increasing awareness about your company or products/services if done correctly.
Polls/Quizzes: Polls/Quizzes can be fun for readers and provide you with valuable feedback about your followers. They are also a great way to get people interested in your page/service. Q&A: This is similar to polls and quizzes, but more in-depth. You might have to write a longer post or answer questions one-on-one, but it can be extremely helpful when trying to understand what your audience thinks of your brand.
Now that you've got the basics of the 5 content types. Let's take a look at how to best use them.
1. News: News is a great way to share information and keep your audience up-to-date on what's happening in your industry. Use Text, video and links
2. Entertainment: Entertainment can be anything from funny videos to memes.
3. How-to's: How-to's are great for educating your audience about a specific topic or skill set. Try using ebooks, videos tutorials, PDFs and checklists
4. Listicles: Lists are always popular, especially when they're fun or interesting. try short form video listicles or text.
5. Infographics: Infographics are especially useful for breaking down key points about a topic, or for visualizing data in an easy-to-understand way.
You should now be able to categorize a variety of content you see online into five key groups. You'll also know how to employ each of these content types to create social media posts on behalf of your brand, or as part of your own social media strategy.
Let me know how this works out for you. TTYL