How UGC Creators Can Create A Capsule Wardrobe For Fall Photo Shoots
How To Create A Capsule Wardrobe For Your UGC Fall Photo Shoots
A capsule wardrobe is a versatile and stylish way to streamline your closet. By only keeping a few key pieces on hand, you can mix and match items to create multiple looks. Plus, a capsule wardrobe is easy to maintain since you're only dealing with a limited number of clothing items.
If you're looking to create a capsule wardrobe for fall, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, you'll need to define what type of capsule wardrobe you want. Do you want one for photo shoots? For casual wear? Or for special occasions? Once you've decided on the purpose of your capsule wardrobe, it will be easier to choose the right pieces.
Next, consider your color scheme. Fall is a great time to experiment with darker hues like navy, black, and grey. But don't feel like you have to stick to traditional fall colors – mix it up and have fun with it!
Finally, when building your capsule wardrobe, start with the basics and add in key pieces one at a time. A few well-chosen accessories can also help create different looks without adding too much clutter to your closet. And once you've got your perfect capsule wardrobe set up, be sure to maintain it by storing out-of-season clothing properly and donating or selling items you no longer wear.
Defining A Capsule Wardrobe.
What Is A Capsule Wardrobe
A capsule wardrobe is a collection of a few essential items of clothing that don't go out of fashion, such as skirts, trousers, and coats, which can then be augmented with seasonal pieces.
The key to creating a capsule wardrobe is to invest in timeless, high-quality pieces that you'll want to wear for years to come. Then, you can mix and match these pieces to create endless looks.
To get started, take a look at your current wardrobe and make a list of the pieces you wear most often. These are the foundation pieces for your capsule wardrobe. Then, build up your collection by adding key seasonal pieces each year.
How To Create A Capsule Wardrobe
There are a few simple steps you can follow to create a capsule wardrobe:
1) Determine the purpose of your capsule wardrobe. Do you want a casual wardrobe for everyday wear? Do you need something more formal for work or special occasions? Or do you need a signature wardrobe for photo shoots only?
2) Choose a color scheme. Stick to neutral colors like black, white, khaki and gray, which will go with everything and won’t go out of style. You can also add in one or two accent colors each season to give your looks some pops of color.
3) Choose the right pieces. When selecting clothing for your capsule wardrobe, opt for versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched to create different looks. For example, choose a denim jacket that can be worn with jeans or over a dress. Or select a pair of black pants that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
4) Add key pieces one at a time. Start with the basics and build up your collection slowly over time. This way, you’ll only invest in clothing that you really love and will actually wear rather than filling up your closet with clothes you never end up wearing.
5) Accessorize to create different looks. One way to get more mileage out of your capsule wardrobe is to accessorize smartly. For example, pair a statement necklace with a basic tee shirt to dress it up for nightime wear or add a scarf or hat to an outfit for colder weather days.
6) Store out-of-season clothing properly. When the weather changes and you need to swap out your summer clothes for winter clothes, be sure to store your clothing properly. This will help them last longer and stay in good condition until you need them again.
7) Donate or sell clothing you no longer wear. As you build up your capsule wardrobe, you may find that you have clothing that you no longer wear. Rather than letting these pieces take up space in your closet, donate them or sell them so someone else can enjoy them.
8) Keep your wardrobe organized. A key part of maintaining a capsule wardrobe is keeping everything organized so you can easily find what you’re looking for and know what goes with what. Invest in some storage solutions like dresser drawers or closet organizers to help keep everything in its place.
Planning Your Capsule Wardrobe.
Determine The Purpose Of Your Capsule Wardrobe
Before you start planning your capsule wardrobe, it's important to ask yourself what the purpose of the wardrobe is. Are you looking to save money? simplify your life? or have a more sustainable closet? For me, it was all three, but what about you? Once you know the purpose of your capsule wardrobe, you can start planning accordingly.
For example, if you're looking to save money, you'll want to focus on buying quality pieces that will last longer. If you're looking to simplify your life, you'll want to choose a smaller number of items that can be mixed and matched easily. And if you're looking for a more sustainable option, you'll want to look for pieces made from sustainable materials like organic cotton or bamboo.
Just thought I'd also add that, you should also consider your user generated content niche before purchasing your fall capsule wardrobe. If your niche is sustainable products, you'd probably want to add a few sustainable organic cotton items to your fall capsule wardrobe. If your niche is more focused on "quick and easy or DIY' you'd probably want t consider a mre simplified, easy to wash and wear type of fall capsule wardrobe.
Choose A Color Scheme
After you've determined the purpose of your capsule wardrobe, the next step is to choose a color scheme. This will help you narrow down which pieces to include in your wardrobe and make it easier to mix and match different items.
For example, if you chose black, white, and gray as your colors, then all of the clothing and accessories in your wardrobe would be some combination of those colors. This would give you a lot of flexibility when creating different looks because any piece could be paired with any other piece.
I'd also like to add that if you have a long standing contract with a brand, you may want to make sure that you at least have a few accessories that could accentuate the company brand colors.
Choose The Right Pieces
The final step in planning your capsule wardrobe is choosing the right pieces. This includes both basics and statement pieces that can be mixed and matched to create different looks.
Basics are essential items like tees, button-downs, jeans, skirts, and dresses that can be worn year-round and dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Statement pieces are items that add personality to your look like printed blouses, colored jeans, or fun jewelry. When choosing these pieces, it's important to consider both style and function so that they work well with the rest of your wardrobe and meet your needs for different occasions.
Building Your Capsule Wardrobe.
Add Key Pieces One At A Time
The best way to build a capsule wardrobe is to start with key pieces and then add other items as needed. Begin by choosing a few essential items that you can wear in multiple ways. These might include a versatile dress, a pair of jeans, or a basic top. Once you have these key pieces, you can start adding other items to create different looks.
Accessorize To Create Different Looks
Accessories are an important part of any capsule wardrobe. They can help you create different looks with the same basic pieces. Choose a few key accessories that will work with multiple outfits. These might include a statement necklace, a pair of earrings, or a scarf.
Maintaining Your Capsule Wardrobe.
Store Out-Of-Season Clothing Properly
When storing your out-of-season clothing, it's important to keep them in a cool, dry place. If you have the space, consider storing them in plastic bins with lids. This will keep them from getting dusty and protect them from pests. If you don't have the space for bins, you can also wrap your clothes in acid-free tissue paper and store them in a clean, dry closet.
Donate Or Sell Clothing You No Longer Wear
Once you've created your capsule wardrobe, it's important to maintain it by donating or selling clothing you no longer wear. This will help you keep your wardrobe fresh and avoid having a cluttered closet full of clothes you never wear. There are many places where you can donate or sell your gently used clothing, such as consignment shops, thrift stores, or online resale sites.
Keep Your Wardrobe Organized
Keeping your capsule wardrobe organized will help you make the most of the pieces you have and make it easier to get dressed each day. One way to do this is to invest in some quality storage solutions, such as hooks or shelves for hanging items or dresser drawers with dividers for folded clothes. You can also use clear plastic boxes or baskets to store smaller items like jewelry or belts. Taking the time to organize your capsule wardrobe will save you time and frustration in the long run.
A capsule wardrobe is a versatile, stylish and functional way to dress. By planning your capsule wardrobe and choosing key pieces that can be mixed and matched, you can create endless looks while streamlining your closet. To maintain your capsule wardrobe, store out-of-season clothing properly, donate or sell clothing you no longer wear and keep your wardrobe organized. By following these tips, you can enjoy the benefits of a capsule wardrobe for years to come.